Many social media marketing consultants, strategist recommend FB live as part of marketing campaigns. In the last article we learned about How To Stream To Facebook Live From PC requirements. In this article we will learn how to stream Facebook live with OBS Studio software?
How To Stream Facebook Live With OBS Studio
OBS Studio is a free and open source software. Download OBS Studio from official website.
Make sure you download the latest version of OBS Studio because earlier version is not compatible with Facebook live.
OBS Studio Streaming Key
Once you installed OBS Studio on your windows or MAC, you will need stream key to push streaming content to Facebook.
How To Facebook live Stream On Page?
To stream live on Facebook page, go to your page and click Publishing Tools.
Click Videos in the left sidebar.
After clicking videos link in the left sidebar, you will now see LIVE button on the top right of the screen, click it. See image below for ref.
You will now see a popup with server URL and Facebook Live Stream Key. Copy this key. Click NEXT.
Launch OBS Studio and paste Stream Key that you copied above. As soon as Facebook start receiving your stream from the software, OFFLINE message will no longer be shown. You can now see your stream preview.
How To Stream Facebook Live In FB Groups?
Follow these simple steps to stream Facebook live in your group.
- Launch OBS Studio.
- Go to SETTINGS and then click STREAM.
- From the streaming type drop down, choose STREAMING SERVICES.
- Choose Facebook Live as service for the second drop down.
- Paste Stream Key in the STREAM KEY text field.
- Choose a video source. e.g. webcam.
- Click START STREAMING button.
- Go to publishing tools, then video and click LIVE. You will see that OFFLINE message is now replaced with fetching video stream.
- It may take a few seconds to publish your Facebook live stream.
Hope you find it helpful. Give us credit by sharing on Facebook, tweet, G+.